Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Assassins Clan Forum

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

2012: The Year The Internet Ends

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Stig Goldenbullet
{Assassins}
Stig Goldenbullet

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2008-06-18

2012: The Year The Internet Ends Empty
PostSubject: 2012: The Year The Internet Ends   2012: The Year The Internet Ends Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 1:21 pm

No more Internet,
Every significant Internet provider around the globe is currently in talks with access and content providers to transform the internet into a television-like medium: no more freedom, you pay for a small commercial package of sites you can visit and you'll have to pay for seperate subscriptions for every site that's not in the package.

This means that for the main websites:

AOL, GO, msn, NBCi, abc, Walt Disney, ebay and over 60 websites will cost: 30 dollars

Google, Wikipedia, Yahoo! and over 200 websites will cost: 40 dollars

myspace, YouTube, and Blogger! (where my Blog is :X) and over 2000 websites will cost: 50 dollars!

And you will have to pay more for any website that isn't registered!

Almost all smaller websites/services will disappear over time and multinationals who are used to using big budgets to brute force their content into every media outlet will finally be able to approach the internet in the same way.

Internet providers have realized that the only way to not lose massive amounts of customers over this is to make sure there are no alternatives, that's why all major Internet providers are currently making agreements and planning to switch simultaneously somewhere in the year 2012. This is currently all going on under very strict NDA's (Non-Disclosure Agreements) because the last thing they want is the masses speaking out against it.

But there is hope... More and more people are becoming aware of the importance of net neutrality and now that we have uncovered what the industries have been plotting, it's not just about big corporations forming shady agreements, it's about what they will say to their users who will demand an explanation from their providers on what will happen to their access in 2012. As long as there are alternatives, we can pressure those providers who admit to being against net neutrality and favor those who take a stand and choose to give their users their freedom even after 2012. We can keep pushing for net neutrality laws and we can start spreading awareness on a massive scale to make sure that ISP's think twice before signing anything that'll go against the freedom that made the Internet into the important open medium that it is today.

It's our responsibility, spread the word and use any sort of political or media contacts you may know. Let's make sure that by 2012, ISP's won't even dare think about doing anything that goes against the principles of net neutrality.

Fight against this, you'll have to pay for everything!

This is 100% true, if you want more information:

Mail the I Power team at ipower@movielol.org

For media inquiries or urgent issues:
Telephone: +32 (0) 496 93 90 44
Back to top Go down
http://stigsmod.com
Stig Goldenbullet
{Assassins}
Stig Goldenbullet

PostSubject: Re: 2012: The Year The Internet Ends   2012: The Year The Internet Ends Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 1:23 pm

Pure Evil, i hate big company's -_-
Back to top Go down
Foxx36
interresting,..
Foxx36

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2008-06-14

PostSubject: Re: 2012: The Year The Internet Ends   2012: The Year The Internet Ends Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 1:54 pm

Yeah. I read about this before. My friend is making a sig that can spread and be passed around, and I'm putting together a YouTube video to raise awareness. We can't let this happen, and it won't if more people know! The internet is supposed to be free.
Back to top Go down
muchogusto
muchogusto

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2008-06-13

PostSubject: Re: 2012: The Year The Internet Ends   2012: The Year The Internet Ends Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 2:04 pm

Don't worry guys, we'll only make it to Dec 2012. Death awaits us all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecTE6lXI-m0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZUzFYwZlXA&feature=related

The scientific proof is there...
Back to top Go down
Stig Goldenbullet
{Assassins}
Stig Goldenbullet

PostSubject: Re: 2012: The Year The Internet Ends   2012: The Year The Internet Ends Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 2:45 pm

I agree with you Foxx36! We must fight!
Back to top Go down
muchogusto
muchogusto

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2008-06-13

PostSubject: Re: 2012: The Year The Internet Ends   2012: The Year The Internet Ends Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 11:27 am

Agree with me too! Were gonna die!
Back to top Go down
ElSniperino
{Assassins}
ElSniperino

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2008-06-15

PostSubject: Re: 2012: The Year The Internet Ends   2012: The Year The Internet Ends Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 4:46 am

From what I gathered from the videos is that it's only going to be in America, or am I mistaken?

Well anyways if they DO do that ordinary people will stop using it and they will lose money.
Back to top Go down
Alexodia
TKF Leader and Clan Commissar
Alexodia

Number of posts : 39

PostSubject: Re: 2012: The Year The Internet Ends   2012: The Year The Internet Ends Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 4:05 pm

This was out lawed in the EU
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2012: The Year The Internet Ends   2012: The Year The Internet Ends Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2012: The Year The Internet Ends
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General :: General Chatter-
Jump to: